Monday 26 February 2018

Aerial Map Quilt


Hello Everyone




Today I can carry on with my
Aerial Map Quilt....



Im really glad because I still have such an 'unction' to make one...













When I started a while back I dug out a few fabrics that I thought would fit the bill.... but after making one of sections, I was really disappointed in the overall look....

I had to wait to go and buy new fabrics for the quilt - too many other more important things waiting in the wings ....
So anyway, yesterday I was off to go and get plain and batik fabrics from a small shop I found through Facebook. For those of you in the Gauteng area or even SAfrica its in Benoni and will even courier your fabrics to your door if you like. The shop is called - La Broderie (www.labroderie.co.za).

Then I rushed home to sew up the same section with the new selection of fabrics.
Here's a look at the difference between the two.
The old one looks brown but its really a dark olive-y green colour. The new one is bright and making my heart a lot happier... (This is the top right corner).

 

It's Monday again - but have yourself a great week!

I've started a QA Designs Group  on Facebook where you are welcome to join and add any of your finished blocks made with the QADesigns patterns.


*********************************
                                        
 Quick link to my full Craftsy Shop <<<<<


(when you open the shop.... click on the right side 'sort by tab' and press NEWEST.... then everything will show up)




1 comment:

Lauren said...

Great change with the new fabric